Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Easy to say hard to do

If there's one thing I learned about men watching my mom, my sisters, women in movies with their respective spouses, or reading the mars and venus book series, is that men need respect.

In contrary to most of us girls, most of guys need to be respected more than loved.

This, for example, I have discussed over and over with my eldest sister. So theoretically I already know how to make a relationship works when going in to one. If I just do according to my knowledge I would be the perfect girlfriend and no man would leave me.

But of course haha, even marriage consultants could have problems in their marriage. My point is that it's sooooo hard to change myself into my better self, even though I know what I'm doing wrong, and sometimes even I'm annoyed with what I do.

And of course for example when you're fighting you cannot pause for 5 seconds to think "if y happens, I should do x" in the heat of the moment.

In my case I've taken my bf for granted, when I have promised him before that something like that would never happen in our relationship. But then after a while it got comfortable, I feel loved too much that I sometimes knowingly abuse him with painful words and snobbish actions and disrespect him, sometimes when other people are around.

Good thing I got reminded! Frictions are good at times to remind me to land my feet on the ground.
Sent from AguMa's BB

No comments:

Post a Comment